Molesey Juniors Football Club
This policy sets out the principles for storage and processing of personal data within Molesey Juniors Football Club (also referred to as MJFC). It is relevant to all within the association and is endorsed by the committee of MJFC. It will be reviewed annually before each AGM to ensure that it remains appropriate to the Organisation and its members' needs.
Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how the Club uses any personal data that we hold about them. We comply with this right by providing 'privacy notices' (sometimes called 'fair collection notices') to individuals where we are processing their personal data. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data.
The personal data we hold
Personal data that we may collect, use, store and share includes:
· Parent's name and address
· Child's name and date of birth
· Photo of child and photo of passport or birth certificate for age and nationality verification
· Other contact information including email addresses and telephone numbers
Why we use this data
We use this data to:
· Register children to Molesey Juniors Football Club
· Contact parents regarding their child's team, fixtures, training or other events
· Register children with the relevant league and the Football Association of England
· Compile a list of emergency contact numbers for parents
· Ensure coaches are aware of relevant medical information for the children they coach
· Send information about club activities or news to parents
Our legal basis for using this data
We only collect and use personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we process it where:
· We need it to perform a function such as registering a child with a league
· We have obtained consent to use it in a certain way
Where we have obtained consent to use personal data, this consent can be withdrawn at any time. We will make this clear when we ask for consent, and explain how consent can be withdrawn.
Some of the reasons listed above for collecting and using personal data overlap, and there may be several grounds which justify our use of this data.
Collecting this information
While the majority of information we collect is mandatory, there is some information that can be provided voluntarily.
Whenever we seek to collect information from you or your child, we make it clear whether providing it is mandatory or optional and will give a choice whether to give consent (for example, using photos of your child on the website). If it is mandatory, we will explain the possible consequences of not complying (your child may not be able to play matches for Molesey Juniors).
How we store this data
We keep all electronic personal information on a secured database. Contact information will be kept for the whole academic year that it is collected in, and at the end of each academic year all data will be deleted from the secure database. Photos of your child and their passport/ date of birth information will only be kept until the child is registered with the league, and then they will be destroyed (by the time the season starts or they have played their first match, whichever is sooner). Information relating to payments will be kept for a further year to support auditing and forecasting of accounts, and will then be destroyed.
Any paper-based information will be stored securely and confidentially disposed of. If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of last review: 30 June 2021